Update: The afternoon location for June 11 has been moved from Grant County High School to Newport Central Catholic High School. If you signed up for the camp at Grant County High School, you will receive an e-mail detailing your options for an alternate location or refund.
The University of Kentucky men’s basketball program has announced the dates and information for the 2013 John Calipari Satellite Camp Tour.
Due to gym capacities there will be a limited number of spots available for all camps. Online registration (also available via ukathletics.com/camps) is recommended as the fastest and most efficient form of registering campers. All 2011 and 2012 Satellite Camps were sold out. Early online registration is encouraged to ensure camper participation.
The 2013 summer tour includes nine stops throughout the Bluegrass State in five days during the month of June. These camps offer the opportunity for Kentucky basketball fans to learn from and interact with Coach Calipari, the UK coaching staff and available Wildcat players. It is the goal of the men’s basketball program to bring the Commonwealth’s team to different stops every summer and allow campers to participate in drills and competitions within their own communities.
The cost for each camp is $80 per camper and includes Camp T-shirt, three hours of instruction with Coach Calipari and the Kentucky basketball staff, competitions, autograph sessions, along with question and answer sessions with Coach Calipari. All Satellite Camps are open to both boys and girls of the appropriate age/grade level, which may vary between locations. Camper’s grade level is based on the grade in which the camper will be enrolled during the fall of the 2013 school year.
The 2013 Satellite Camp Tour dates and locations are:
Monday, June 10
- Morning session (9 a.m.-noon EST) at North Laurel High School – Open to grades K-12
- Afternoon session (1:30-4:30 p.m. EST) at Boyle County High School – Open to grades K-12
Tuesday, June 11
- Morning session (9 a.m.-noon EST) at Ryle High School – Open to grades K-12
- Afternoon session (1:30-4:30 p.m. EST) at Newport Central Catholic High School — Open to grades K-12
Wednesday, June 12
- Morning session (9 a.m.-noon EST) at Boyd County High School – Open to grades K-6
- Afternoon session (2-5 p.m. EST) at Montgomery County High School – Open to grades K-12
Thursday, June 20
- Morning session (9 a.m.-noon EST) at Christian Academy of Louisville – Open to grades K-12
- Afternoon session (1:30-4:30 p.m.) at Christian Academy of Louisville – Open to grades K-12
Friday, June 21
- Morning session (9 a.m.-noon CST) at Bowling Green High School – Open to grades K-6
- Afternoon session (3-6 p.m. EST) at Elizabethtown High School – Open to grades K-12
On-site camp registration will begin one hour prior to the designated start time. All pre-registered campers will receive a confirmation email for their specific camp that includes details of necessary paperwork needed (physical, insurance and consent). To ensure the safety and participation of all campers, it is important that the basketball office receives all necessary paperwork two weeks prior to the start of your specific camp date.
Walk-up registration will be available at all camps unless noted on the UK Athletics website as closed. Once each individual camp has reached its maximum capacity, that particular camp will be closed to all forms of registration (online and walk-ups). Any camp related questions can be called into the men’s basketball camp line at 859-257-9457.